Wednesday 14 January 2015

Smash Book

I was planning on joining in with WOYWW (What's on your Workdesk Wednesday, you can find out about it here.) but I forgot to take a photo of my desk! I can show you however what is on my desk (among other things) that I am hoping to start filling shortly.

This is my handmade, hand bound album that I am planning on using as a smash book. 


I am really pleased with it. This isn't the first time I have made a chipboard album but this is the first time I have bound it in this way. And I just love all the fabric and ribbon scraps on the spine, makes it really touchy feely!

I got the idea for making this book from an amazingly talented lady called Jennibellie. You can find her blog here and the 2 videos I used for inspiration on her YouTube channel here and here. Only major difference was that I used chipboard instead of a box and scrapbook papers for the covers.

Don't know what a smash book is? In this video from Jennibellie she explains what the difference is between an art journl, junk journal and smash book. In my eyes, and what I am planning for my smash book, it's a book where you can stick memorabilia, photos, tickets, notes and odds and ends that you have collected that don't necessarily 'fit' a Scrapbook page. I have loads of cinema tickets that I have kept over the years that I plan on sticking in, I have photos from penpals, stamps from other countries, little notes I have written, receipts, maps etc etc. With my scrapbook pages I tend to plan them and have a specific theme on each layout, with my smash book I am literally just going to stick things in randomly as I find them! I already have a box full of things to get going!

Do you have a smash book, either a bought one or a handmade one? How do you use yours, I would love to see!

Thanks for reading and do make sure you check out Jennibellie's You Tube channel, sooooo much inspiration!

Happy Crafting,
Maxine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment